on 3 February 2012
I bought this in 2010 and still find it a great mat! I use it with a logitech cordless mouse. I bought it because it was light in colour, I have had so much trouble with coloured or patterened mats. I find the mouse works very smoothly on this mat. Can't comment on it being repositional because I've never removed the backing! Never felt the need to, it's great as it is, and doesn't slip around, even though I use it on many different surfaces. Excellent value for money.
on 21 January 2014
I got well and truly fed up with the Apple Magic Mouse sending the cursor all over the screen in a truly random fashion. Yes, it was 'magic' sure enough. In the end, I decided to go back to using a mouse mat to solve the problem, only to find that several mats just seemed to fall apart (de-laminate?) within weeks. I work from an office at home so they do get fairly heavy use. However, this mat has solved the problem. It has a slightly 'etched' surface - similar to those plastic pictures that show a 3D image that changes as you move it around. The mat is very thin - only two millimetres at most and has a lightly adhesive backing that sticks it to the desk. It's easily removed and repositioned, but I haven't needed to do this. This 3M mouse mat is absolutely ideal as far as I'm concerned. Worth paying that bit extra for. I've been using it for over a year now with no sign of wear and purchased another one recently for my daughter's desktop PC.
on 18 August 2010
I Bought this on a whim as I fell for the gimmick. Would be excellent for a roller mouse, but is not the best when using an Apple Magic mouse as the rails on the bottom of the mouse tend to rub on the ridges of the mat. I also, now don't see the point in the re-positionability (Aren't all mouse mats re-positionable?). It's true, I do store this one on top of my macbook pro when not in use, but this is inside a carry case with the mouse and so any mat could be stored in this manner. The stickiness is still like new even after a month or so of everyday use i.e Repositioned a couple of times a day.
As hinted at earlier, I think this mouse mat would be fantastic for a roller mouse but for an optical one similar to a magic mouse (any mouse with guide rail things on the bottom) then it's just not nearly as good as a basic mat with a smooth surface.
on 10 October 2012
I bought this mouse mat as I have a magic mouse, so the standard mouse mats do not work, and due to an excessive amount of usage of the mouse, the wood of my desk was beginning to wear away.
When this arrived, I instantly stuck it to my desk and have not moved it since, it has worked very well, never had problems with it.

Initially I thought it would get noisy (the material is that type you can run your fingers over to make funny sounds, the same stuff they use for those pictures that show different pictures at different angles) but it's been fine!!

Highly recommend to anyone with a Magic Mouse.
Delivery wasn't great, but I think Home Delivery Network's fault.
review image
on 29 July 2015
This review is specific to my experiences of using the pad with an Apple Magic Mouse. I have two working environments. One at home and one at my office. At home the desk I use has a very smooth top and as such I find no reason to use a mouse pad of any kind with my Magic Mouse. It tracks perfectly well without one and is smooth and quiet. In my office however my desktop has a bit of texture to it and while this doesn’t seem to impact tracking, it does mean that this otherwise silent mouse produces a sort of scraping sound with every movement. I’m not a big fan of mouse pads generally as I find their thickness negatively impacts the position of my hand and wrist but the scraping sound was getting on my nerves (and I suspect those of my colleagues) and so I needed to find something.

The 3M mouse pad is exactly what I was after. It’s super thin, has a slightly sticky backing which can repositioned as many times as you need without loss of functionality and ensures quiet mouse use. As some may have pointed out the mouse pad has a very slight texture to it but this doesn’t really cause any issue or noise when in use.

Recommended.
on 17 October 2011
It's a wonderful feeling. Knowing that you can move your mouse over your mousepad and not risk said pad moving with said mouse. I feel safer, knowing that any slip of the cursor is my own doing and not that of the desktop insole that is the mouse pad. The 3M Mousing Surface is forever fixed to a perfect position on my desk, and yet, if I feel the desire a change, I can simply lift up the magical corners and reaffix the 3M anywhere. I do believe my life has been changed, and for the better.
on 8 January 2011
I have been using this mouse mat for a couple of days now and it is unbelievably good at helping with Apple Magic Mouse tracking. I bought it just because of it's looks if I'm completely honest but it out performs any other mouse mat I have ever used - It also has an adhesive back to stick it to the desk. Overall great product 5/5, defenitly buy it. P.S. The customer image above (is mine) will show you what it looks like with apple keyboard and mouse.
review image
on 4 February 2014
Its initially good but after a week it slides all over the god damn place and it leave sticky residue on the table. Best to just avoid this sticker.
on 29 September 2013
How can a mouse pad be a big deal when an A4 sheet or a newspaper can do the work?
Well, believe it or not I absolutely love this mouse pad. Since I work all day in front of a PC this helps a lot :
it doesn't slide, you can take it and put it wherever you want the times you want, elp a lot to recover form my RSI since you need much less scroll in order to work correctly.
It just don't get a five star because : too costly for what it is, and after a few hours of use the palm of my hand starts to suffer since the material is not completely smooth.
on 9 August 2014
Good product, but not quite as big as I expected. I use this beside my desktop computer which sits on a glass table, and it's 'Post-it Note' style adhesive holds it in place perfectly, however I find myself having to lift and reposition my full-size mouse regularly, as it isn't quite big enough and tends to drift off the mat. It's probably more suitable for sticking to the lid of a notebook when carrying it around, and would definitely be better if using it with a small, portable mouse.

See one answered question