Size: 24 inch Widescreen 16:10|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 13 October 2011
I bought this as the normal privacy filter wasn't available and I am glad I did.

The Gold filter has a much narrower field of view so even on a plane the screen is obscured from the person next to you.

The gold filter also seems to have a better contrast than the black filter as well.

If does however draw some attention from people commenting on the colours!
on 24 March 2013
This is a quality product, but I do have mixed feelings. The sticky tabs that hold it on worked for a few days and then just started falling off - in the end, they're pretty useless. I'm now using extra-strong post-it notes to keep the screen held onto my Apple monitor, which of course looks silly.

As far as the functions of removing glare and creating privacy, that works well enough. It doesn't remove all the glare, but it certainly helps on reflective monitors, and the privacy filter is about as good as could be expected.

Overall, I'd say they could seriously improve how the screen is held on... for this price, it's a bit crazy that it ends up as just a sheet that you have to MacGyver on yourself.
on 16 May 2007
Nice product easy to fit and very discreet. People can't see what your doing, unless at the correct viewing angle. This is excellent if you ever work on the train/plane or on a client site. The only niggle that I have with the product is the embossed lettering "3MPF15.4W" on the top right hand side, was this really required? It does spoil an otherwise excellent product for the sake of inappropriate branding.
on 23 September 2009
Great screen privacy filter; easy to install and well priced! - highly recommended for work environment where PC activity is intented to be keept private.
on 5 August 2011
One the plus side, the filter works very well and also is very good at reducing glare, particularly with reflective screen surfaces. On the minus side, it darkens the screen a bit. It also works to filter the screen from yourself if you have the screen tilted a bit too far. This can be annoying when the angle shifts, e.g., when traveling. The other down side is the filter tends to fall off when you lower the screen.
on 12 March 2014
These are so bad that I felt compelled to warn people about them. They warp the screen & make your eyes focus differently. I was in a terrible state with migraines & visual disturbances that I destroyed them after 3 days. Should be taken off the market. DO NOT BUY!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 November 2011
I got this for an Early 2011 MacBook Pro. The screen is 15", but for some reason it doesn't seem to be a standard size, and I had previously bought a 15.6" filter, that was too short. Fortunately Hypertec were great at sending a replacement.

For this model of Mac, I had to trim the top and sides every so slightly. This is easily done with a pair of scissors, to give it a perfect fit.

There are either long or short tabs to hold it in place - I used both, long towards the bottom of the screen, and the short tabs to hold it close at top. I disagree with another reviewers who said tabs are cheap looking. I found them barely noticeable, and there has to be some way to keep the screen in place!

As for the functionality of the screen, it's perfect. The viewing angle is well restricted, you can easily see anything when sitting directly in front of it. The brightness of the screen is reduced slightly, but not so much that it's a problem.

In summary, a great product, which will see lots of use if you're working in environments where you like a bit of privacy.
on 11 February 2009
does what it says on the tin, provides excellent privacy from the sides, doesn't dim too much when viewing., only problem is when using lowest LCD brightness settings with it
on 13 April 2015
The filter is very thick, the finish is rippley and it limits the screen brightness significantly. The sticky tabs provided to locate it don't stay stuck to the screen and because they are not stepped it is impossible to slide the filter behind them without lifting the tabs off the screen. Fortunately the filter sticks to the screen with the static generated so the tabs are not required.
The filter has a crest shaped cut out at the top... supposedly to aid removal - It doesn't !. ... And it exposes some of the screen behind, which is very distracting.
It does protect your screen from being viewed, however with the issues listed above it doesn't make it a worth while investment. I have seen cheaper non branded screen filters that fit and look better than this 3M filter. The gold colour looks tacky too. I guess it's ok if you are one of these geeks who likes transparent computer cases with florescent blue lights.
on 7 June 2016
This fits the intended laptop screen size perfectly and works well.

It has a narrow field of vision, so anyone not directly in front of the screen will not be able to read anything on it. The downside of this is that the screen image can start to become a little blurred as you move around and I have to adjust the angle of my laptop screen as my seating position changes. Maybe it will discourage me from slouching in my chair though! I can’t really complain as this means the filter is doing its job well and protecting my privacy, so this has to be an understandable side-effect.

It makes the screen image slightly darker, but I expect that is unavoidable. Putting any sort of filter or screen on a laptop screen will dim the image. If this is a problem for anyone you can adjust the brightness of the screen display to compensate, so I don’t see this as an issue, just something to be aware of.

The one area where I am not totally impressed is the way that the filter attaches to the laptop screen. This is achieved by attaching double-sided sticky strips to the side of the filter that will face the laptop screen (i.e. away from the user). You then press the filter on to the laptop and the sticky strips attach to the laptop screen. This holds the filter in place but it is a semi-permanent arrangement; if you need to temporarily remove the filter – perhaps to share the content of your screen with someone – you would have to peel off the filter from the sticky strips. You wouldn’t be able to do this and replace the filter very often before the stickiness diminished. This fitting arrangement will also leave sticky marks on the laptop screen if you stop using the filter. Other privacy filters I have seen have been attached by use of small plastic strips that fix to the frame around the monitor and overlap the screen area so the filter can be slotted in and slotted out without having to remove the fixings.

Overall, this works well and if it wasn’t for the way it attaches to the monitor I wouldn’t hesitate to award 5 stars.