Want something? Print it–with your own 3D printer!
Right now, you can print practically any 3D object you can imagine–from toys to gadgets to replacement parts, and beyond! All you need is a 3D printer…and they’re simpler and cheaper than you ever imagined. This full-color, step-by-step guide will get you started–and if you want, it’ll even walk you through building your own 3D printer from an inexpensive kit.
Packed with colorful photos and screenshots, it explains all the crucial details other books skip. You’ll walk through choosing and assembling your new 3D printer kit…brainstorming and designing new objects with free software…and then printing them on your brand-new 3D printer.
3D printing is today’s hottest new technological revolution, and this book takes you right to the cutting edge!
- Discover how 3D printers work and what you can do with them
- Compare and choose your first 3D printer–either pre-built or kit
- Assemble Printrbot Simple, one of the world’s easiest 3D printer kits
- Install and configure software that tells your 3D printer what to do
- Print your first 3D project from an existing object file
- Use free Tinkercad software to create your own original 3D models
- Explore AutoDesk’s free software for 3D printing
- Use Print-It-For-You services for projects your home printer can’t handle
- Find great 3D printing projects and models on the Web
- Imagine creative new uses for your 3D printer