Format: CD-ROM|Change

on 6 October 2001
I bought this CD for my 9 year old (very smart) niece. We sat down for a quick 15 minute initial exploration & ended up spending 2 hours together roaming the museum, playing the games, testing our knowledge & digging up the bones from the bottom of the excavation pit. The 2nd CD, with its brilliant 3D environments, was great fun - I had vertigo with a vengence when flying with the pteranodon! My niece wants a baby Triceratops so move over Jurassic Park! Buy this - learn with it, have fun with it, & live with the dinosaurs.
on 5 July 2001
When I first read about it and the price tag, I thought,"What could this thing do?" But I forced myself to buy it for my cousin's birthday. He loved it so much he had me sit down beside him and see him play. Imagine how foolish I was! But after a few minutes, I was in love with it! I was soon fighting with him over the PC just to use it. Yes, it is a great app, at least for me. The graphic is superb, the puzzles fun. Almost every feature in it is fun and entertaining. This "game", as I call it, is not just great. It is way COOL!
on 26 February 2013
This game will not run on any form of Vista, it will only run on XP or earlier. Even with XP you will need to download a patch before it will run. The patch can be found reasonably easily and for free on [...] - I believe it is called DKSP1.exe After you have installed the patch, run the program in compatibility mode (e.g. Windows XP Service Pack 2)

This is a great shame because kids still love this game in schools, and as with most DK products I believe they can learn a great deal from it. Yet most school computers these days run Vista it seems, so I was unable to install this for my mother's school.

Technical issues aside, it is still a great game. I must have had the original of this back in '98 at least. Very few educational games these days are able to create the atmosphere that DK do in all of their Eyewitness series. The dinosaur museum is still fantastic, and I get nostalgic goosebumps walking around it!

The second disc in this set is a bit gimmicky, it involves a series of 6 3D films that the user can walk around in and observe the dinosaurs. In this day and age the graphics are not impressive and kids may find it a bit silly compared to the detailed models in the virtual museum, which is a huge highlight of my dinosaur orientated childhood.

I say DK should update all their interactives, because frankly, there's still a huge market of kids who would enjoy them.
on 24 January 2016
Hadn't realised its for a PCs I thought it was a DVD so don't know
on 3 December 2014
A present for a grandson (8) he was pleased - so I was pleased..
on 6 July 2014