This is one of the best all inclusive guides to etiquette I've come across. Perfect for all ages. None of this "manners is outdated" bull. None of the tripe that so called modern women believe such as confusing disrespect with equality. This is timeless good manners and etiquette that will never go out of style with those with proper values and self respect. Those who treat others as they would like to be treated. It covers everything such as: how to get along with others, table manners, digital tech rules of thumb, being positive and having a sense of humour, being a great guest and host, gift giving, social situations, etc. It's for my 10yo daughter but I find it a good read, too. Not condescending, well written, and I love that it says boys can be polite in this day of liberal women and if a girl is offended by the opening of a door or doesn't say thanks, then it's her that is rude. Good manners are priceless! Being nice never goes out of style. I hope my daughter finds a gentleman to marry like I found in her daddy. Books like this are refreshing to see others still hold up politeness and niceness as something that is wonderful.
on 21 January 2016
I am going through this with my 9 year old son - we read the next day's 'manner' every night so that he can try and practice it the next day then we can talk about how it went that night. He seems to be happy to do it - reminds me at night that it's 'manners then story'. It is an American book but as you have to change language if reading to child (as it's addressed to adult), you can just translate the American into British as you do so.
on 13 January 2013
Great, am drip feeding it, hope it works. So far so good, think this is very important for young people.
on 24 April 2014
Very useful. Great notes. The whole family has enjoyed this book.i recommend it for all ages. My kids are 10 and 12 year old
on 6 October 2014
Advice is a bit obvious and bland very American. Not what I was expecting and not sure it will be very useful.
on 12 November 2014