Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Oct 2009 16:26:52 BDT
Stu A says:
What should i buy?ive got a 20gb xbox,thats on its last legs and im gonna upgrade to either the Modern Warfare 2 250gb xbox or PS3.What are the PS3 like for playing online?never really had any problems with xbox live,im not really interested in the blu ray side of the PS3.But i do prefer the PS3 controller,cant make up my mind.

Posted on 22 Oct 2009 17:50:11 BDT
Naughty Boy says:
Get the Xbox, it's definetly the best choice.

Posted on 23 Oct 2009 12:38:10 BDT
I just upgraded to a 250GB 360 from a failed 20GB myself, and at the end of the day it's just pick which exclusives you like more. In my mind the PS3 is a vasty superior built machine, and offers far more value for money... but it's online experiance really isn't up to par with xbox live (get what you pay for...). Modern Warfare has a much better community on the 360 (allthough somewhat... err vocal). Despite what either sides fan boys will tell you there isn't an awful lot between the machines. Non-exclusives tend to have a marginal graphic edge on the 360 (and in most cases that's splitting hairs).

Blu-ray is a missed blessing, as it's both very slow and very large. So less disk swaps, but plenty of harddrive preinstalls. Something you'll do on the 360 anyway with a 250GB drive. If I absolutely had to pick one, then it would be the 360 since it has more games I like on it. And obviously if you have a large game library then your choice is much more limited.

Although even though the new one seems to run substaintially cooler, i'd still expect to have to buy another one before the end of the 360's life cycle, where as i'd expect the PS3 hardware to last until the end of time.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Nov 2009 21:37:16 GMT
W. Bryant says:
Having had the same dilema, I went for the 360 due to Microsoft dealing with the issue of RROD and releasing the "jaspers". Plus offering a 3 year warranty on RROD on new 360's. I phoned Sony and had an interesting discussion with them about if they would be willing to match the warranty for the YLOD on the PS3 - they were adamant they would not do so. They would not admit there was an issue with the YLOD and banged on about the failure rate of "just 0.5% of consoles". When I pointed out that "if the failure rate is that good and you are that confident of the system, as you say there is not a problem with YLOD, then you should have no worries about giving a 3 year warranty against it" - they went rather quiet and said my only option was to BUY an extended warranty.

Posted on 29 Nov 2009 22:40:42 GMT
u mite want a change from xbox soo Ps3.

But i recently sold my broken xbox and purchased a ps3 slim, its not really as fun and more complicated to use (not very user friendly). It has great Psp compatibilities like transferring games,movie's ,music and you can also play psp games on your tv (i think.)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2009 22:41:29 GMT
get a Wii lol are you crazy

Posted on 12 Jan 2010 12:40:29 GMT
L. Robinson says:
I own both a 360 & PS3. I use my 360 for online gaming and my PS3 as a media centre.
If you can only afford one console I would certainly go with the PS3. it has everything in the box. Wi Fi,
Blu Ray player not to mention a good internet browser and Iplayer. The graphics are stunning and these days the PS3 is out performing the xbox graphically. The xbox has a better online community and Xbox live is more stable than the PSN. Im quite sure that Sony PSN will soon rival XBL in everyway.
The only problem I have with the PS3 is the controllers. Flimsy, small and starnge to use.

Posted on 1 Jun 2010 13:22:25 BDT
I own a PS3 which I find incredibly non-user friendly. Although it may have lots of devices, all I want is a gaming console. I'm about to buy a 360 and dump the PS3, and just hope its easier to use!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  11 Oct 2009
Latest post:  1 Jun 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Super Elite Console (250 GB Hard Drive) with Forza 3 (Xbox 360)
Xbox 360 Super Elite Console (250 GB Hard Drive) with Forza 3 (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.8 out of 5 stars   (29)