Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's Shop now

on 30 January 2016
I purchased this system from Beachbody but wanted to give my honest review. I had seen this advertised on the early morning shopping channel and debated several times about buying it. I have to say that nearly 4 weeks in I have no regrets about my purchase.
Before Christmas I had totally gone off the rails with eating. My portions were way too big and it was all the wrong stuff. I was feeling unhappy and was around 2 stone overweight. As soon as I saw the containers I had the same thoughts as everyone else, they looked way too small! However I set to work. I can't stress this enough, preparation is vital for this to succeed. I looked at the approved list of foods and did a rough meal plan and from the formula in the guide worked out how many containers I needed each day. Pinterest is a brilliant source of inspiration with loads of ideas and recipes. It also helps keep you motivated with before and after pictures. I shop once a week then do all the meal prep before the start of the week. I chop up all my veggies and fruits ready, I know a lot of fixers cook their chicken in advance and box it up but I tend not to bother. I bake mine in the oven with a bit of seasoning and microwave my veggies for a quick meal. The prep may sound like a bit of a pain but it really is worth it especially for work lunches, you just box up and go. Once the prep is all done you are set for the week. I have kept my meals pretty simple so far as I wanted to get used to the containers and make some real progress with my weight loss plan. I probably will experiment a little bit more now I have the hang of it.
To my great surprise I am finding the DVDs enjoyable and I really look forward to doing them. Yes I know there is a bit of advertising and a lot of promotion of the shakes but at the beginning of the DVD I tend to go off and get my water or do something else. You can skip some bits but it won't let you skip the health warning. Autumn is really encouraging, I know the dialogue can grate on some folk but I tend to ignore it. I just keep focusing on why I have started this. She encourages you to focus on yourself and not to give up. I cannot do all the repetitions yet but I keep getting better every day.
So after nearly 4 weeks I have lost 7lb and 7 inches. This is following the diet and using the portion containers and exercising nearly every day. I am also incorporating other exercise. I am taking the stairs at work after lunch and general walking to and from work. I am really pleased so far with the results. I am feeling better, my mood has improved especially during these winter months and I'm sleeping better. My appetite is just normal, I don't feel ravenous all the time As I am eating roughly every 2-3 hours, breakfast, lunch, tea, morning and afternoon snack. I don't feel deprived at all and because I can see the results in the mirror it has really motivated me not to cheat. Don't get me wrong, I have felt sorely tempted sometimes! I had a power struggle with a chocolate brownie one day and I nearly ate it but at 400cal and nearly 20g sugar I just didn't think it was worth the hassle. The brownie ended up in the bin and I just had a couple of pieces of Green and Blacks chocolate (90% cocoa ). That was enough to satisfy my cravings. That's another thing I hardly have any sugar now so I don't get those terrible sugar cravings and mood swings. I also keep a food and exercise journal in my A5 filofax. I have found this really useful since for myself I have been in the grip of emotional eating, just shoving stuff into my mouth without realising what I was doing. I highly recommend it to keep you on track and find out where your triggers and which keep you from reaching your goals. I also highly recommend buying a set of extra containers, you can prep more easily in advance. They are microwave safe as well which is great when steaming veggies. I bought mine via Beachbody but I notice they are more competitively priced on Amazon.
So in summary, 21 day fix works. You will get results but you have to be committed and determined. Stick with the meal plan and the DVDs. Keep a journal to monitor you progress and make sure you meal prep as well and you will succeed.
Note: I have no professional links to Beachbody and have not received any financial reward for writing this review.
on 28 June 2014
Amazing idea with these containers. First Diet ever that is really working for me. I'm going to use it always! It's a way of living , as well as the fitness program. Takes time, commitment and patience for best results!!!
on 9 July 2014
Fantastic!! Workouts are no where near as easy as they look and I just love the containers, they hold alot more food than you'd think! I lost 8lbs in my first week and I'm starting to look at food in colours now - brilliant purchase!
on 6 July 2015
the workouts are strong but aren't long if you don't have much time
on 9 October 2015
Have lost 12 pounds in 4 weeks!
on 31 March 2015
This program is awesome and with the containers it's so easy to follow the nutrition plan.
on 26 May 2014
I have had a few beachbody products, each very different and excellent value. 21 Day Fix is the best yet for overall fitness and healthy eating. I lost 7lbs in 7 days and feel great. This programme really does get your metabolism working full on.
on 7 May 2014
I have used this product and achieved amazing results not found with any other programme. The nutrition realy is key. The DVD's feature well structured and effective all over body training. Would recommend to anyone.
on 29 July 2015
Was really looking forward to starting this workout, put the dvd in the player and...........it wouldn't play! What's going on???
on 10 August 2015
Easy to apply...just do it! Anyone can. Although do get yourself some dumbells...Small ones....just to make exercises even more effective