on 27 December 2013
i have owned many atlas map books over the years but this Collins 2014 edition is without doubt the best I have ever owned inside as well as very detailed and easy to read maps there are also plans of all major airports and towns and also a comprehensive postcode list of all major attractions for use with sat navs the quality of the book makes the price a bargain and the book is ideal for planning day trips or holidays in the uk and the detail shows even small sea side towns I was un aware of in previous books
on 24 August 2013
As a previous reviewer said the book is big and only just fitted in the pocket behind the passenger's seat. However, the atlas is well laid out and very clear with lots of large detailed maps of the main cities. The ring binding makes it even more practical. Highly recommended but not if you want something compact.
on 18 June 2015
Yes, this is a BIG ring bound UK map, but is a real quality product and at such a good price. We will still be using this in 10 years time it is that good, and lets face it, do we really need a new map each year as not a lot changes on our roads that much. It is BIG but we only really need it for when we go on our UK caravan holiday, and as we are both Grumblies, BIG is beautiful. Quality product, excellent packing and delivery from Amazon, yet again.
on 22 February 2014
Disappointed after buying the AA version (which I returned) I found the Collins atlas to be SO much better! Whereas the AA version gave no information on what access/exits are possible at restricted motorway junctions this Collins version not only graphically shows the available junction options, but also lists them on a separate page, giving the restrictions unabiguously.

Also this Collins version has many extremely useful urban area maps at an intermediate scale (not in the AA version), and town centre maps that are a reasonable size and clear to read. In contrast, and for about the same price, the AA version has only small hard to read town centre maps.

This Collins version also gives useful information on motorway service areas and what services are available at each, and a mileage chart that is much easier to read than in the AA version.

Well done Collins!
on 16 October 2014
The magnification on this map is greater than I am used to but that is a good thing. I found ring binded maps didn't last long as the pages just ripped out if not stored properly, so this is perfect. There are also sections that focus on certain towns/cities which is really handy if you don't have an A-Z.
on 28 July 2013
In the age of smartphones and sat. nav. this should be a waste of money? Shouldn't it? On a long journey this enables me to get a feel of where I'm going. I have road tested it and you can save an hour on a five hour drive by reading the map book. The quickest or shortest route can both be beaten with a web search on traffic issues and an understanding of the roads involved.
on 9 December 2013
I use a road atlas a lot (no sat nav for me) and find that the Collins versions are easy to read and understand. The definition is good, even with the smaller scale parts. I like the extras such as the page of limited motorway access.
on 1 October 2013
Good value!

It is large, clear and easy to use. The ring binder means that it stays flat when travelling.
on 30 September 2013
Like its brother, we are pleased to have this, though disappointed to find they are exactly the same, so found it somewhat annoying to buy two on the basis of being told they were a pair, but different
on 17 November 2014
This is the best road map by far. Very clear print, with mileage grid and the bonus of city centre enlarged maps. I ordered 2, a replacement for my Husbands AA road atlas,and one for my Son-in-law, money well spent.