FIFA 10 is already the greatest football sim ever made but EA has upgraded and repurposed it to create the definitive World Cup tie-in and the official video game of the 2010 South African event.
For once you can ensure England win the World Cup
| Play as any nation from the qualification rounds and up |
| The game features an all-new penalty shootout system |
| Play with and against friends in Captain Your Country |
You don't just get to play in the tournament itself though, but as many of the qualification rounds as you're interested in. Whether you choose to play as one of the early favourites or try and take a minnow like Luxembourg to global glory every option is available.
The basic gameplay works similarly to FIFA 10, but with a new penalty shootout system and new adapted features for the high altitude South African stadia, that accurately simulate the effects of fatigue. With crowds and fans replicated as realistically as the players themselves this has all the features of the regular FIFA games with all the atmosphere of the greatest show on Earth. Key Features
About the Developer: EA Canada
- African Cup: Play in the greatest sporting spectacle in history and ensure the end result goes your way in this officially licensed tie-in.
- World Players: Play as any of 199 national teams that took part in the 2010 qualification rounds, from England and Brazil to Iceland and Madagascar.
- Home Advantage: All 10 official World Cup stadia are simulated in exacting detail, with visiting players suffering from early fatigue at higher altitudes
- Custom Team: Play Captain Your Country mode with up to three friends and create your own player to take to glory - or import your existing one from FIFA 10.
- World Class: Play online as your chosen country and rack up your own individual and team points to push your nation to the top of the global leaderboard.
EA's largest development studio is responsible for some of the biggest brands for EA Sports, including the FIFA series, NBA Live, NHL and SSX. They have also just taken over the Fight Night franchise. Their offices employ over a thousand staff, with three separate production studios.
- Win the 2010 FIFA World Cup: Compete as one of 199 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final. Play in any of the 10 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- 2010 FIFA World Cup Online: The first-ever full and authentic 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament. Compete as your favourite country against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup champion. Navigate the Globe to locate top countries and opponents among all 199 participating nations.
- Spectacular Presentation: The 2010 FIFA World Cup comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 10 official licensed stadiums. Experience confetti cannons, streamers, giant banners, seat cards, flags and fireworks as if you were in South Africa.
- Battle Of The Nations: Represent your country in the 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament against your rivals to win global supremacy. Earn individual and team points and prove your nation is the best. Every performance is rated, recorded and uploaded and your ratings all count towards player and nation leaderboards.
- Home & Away Tactics: CPU mimics international football by creating strategic, defensive formations for weaker teams playing away from home. Plus, weaker teams raise their level of play on their home pitch.
- Altitude Effects: Less air resistance at altitude means the ball travels faster and further. Plus, player will noticeably fatigue faster and their stamina challenged while playing in cities at higher elevations versus sea level.
- Authentic Stadiums: Compete in all 10 official stadiums of 2010 FIFA World Cup.