on 22 March 2012
I have had horrendous blisters and rashes on my left hand for nearly a year now due to sodium lauryl sulphate (detergent) in both shampoo and washing up liquid. I must have spent over £500 in the last year trying to find both a soap and creme to moisturise my skin without avail.(Take note a lot of bars of cleansing products are not SOAP if they contain the detergent sodium lauryl and laureth sulphate, even though they are placed on the soap counter in most supermarkets and pharamaceutical stores). Pharmacists I have spoken to have recommended hydrocortisone to try and alleviate the problem of which I am extremely reluctant to use because of the thinning of skin that it causes, plus it can only be used for 7 days maximum.I have had to wear rubber gloves for household tasks and cotton gloves to sleep in due to the lesions caused but have still not felt comfortable, and as a result not rested, have been irritated and bad tempered.
This wonderful stuff (Pine Tar Soap) came this morning and I feel as if I have died and woke up in heaven with the relief that I have felt after only afew washes with it. I must have washed my hands 16 times today just to keep checking that it is working. Already after only eight hours of using this I can feel my hands calming down. I am so happy that I have cried with relief of not having to scratch scratch scratch and feel the sensation of angry itchy pain. The manufacturers of this stuff, I feel, are akin to angels. At last I will have a peaceful night's sleep. My utmost thanks to them for making this, it is absolutely wonderful. If you have skin irritation due to detergents DO NOT
Hesitate to buy this. It will save you pain, time, money and make you feel much less irritated.
Thank you once again..........I still cannot believe the itch has gone in such a short time....don't ever stop selling it.
33 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 October 2010
This soap is amazing. It does have quite a strong smell, but only while you're using it, it doesn't linger on your skin. I have had terrible big spots on my chin for most of my adult life. I started using this morning and evening on my face. Initially the spots got worse for a day or two and then completely dissapeared!As long as I use this I only ever get the occasional tiny hardly noticable spot. Such a relief. I would highly recommend this to anyone with achne or bad spots.I was suspicious of using soap so often on the face, but my usually oily skin has never looked better. It is supposed to be good for fungal conditions too.Apparently, my Mum tells me, my Grandfather swore by it!
on 20 July 2012
So glad I discovered this soap; nearing the end of my pregnancy, I suddenly developed a severe all-over body rash! This pine tar soap saved me from going insane! Felt immediate relief after taking a shower and rash rapidly improved. After one week of taking 3 showers a day, was down to 2 showers a day with rash almost gone. Within 3 weeks, the rash and itching had completely disappeared.
Soap also smells nice and skin felt very smooth as well. Also impressed by prompt delivery from seller. Can highly recommend this soap for those suffering from skin problems.
on 2 December 2011
Been using the soap for 3 days now,i have severe psoriasis and few things help.It quickly soothed my itching skin and i also used it to wash my hair,itchy scalp also gone.The smell of pine tar is not so strong and doesn't linger long.Noticed my skin softer also. Its a very large bar so will last a while,i am ordering more.
on 26 March 2012
42 yr old male struggling with eczema that has suddenly recurred after almost 20 years - all very odd. I have had to stop using most things that have any fragrance in them and soaps that were fine on my skin before now make it kick-off.

This soap looks expensive but it lasts a good month of twice daily use in the shower. I find the smell very fresh and natural - it leaves you actually feeling very clean. It's a bit like coal tar soap before they took out the coal tar.

My skin is still not right - but this soap is helping to at least stop the really bad flare ups that were so bad on my legs that it hurt to walk.

Really worth trying for skin issues or if you want something without the smell of cheap chemicals.
on 23 November 2011
I have suffered with skin problems for 35 years. Acne, eczema, blocked pores, dry flaky patches, redness.....the lot. I must have tried every lotion, potion and remedy available over the years to no avail. I heard about this Pine Tar Soap through a forum and decided to give it a go. Am so glad I did!

I could see a marked improvement within days of using this product that only got better and better by the day. 4 weeks along and I now have clear skin which is totally miraculous as this has never happened before. I use it at night and lather it up and leave it for around 3 mins while brushing teeth, then rinse.

It has cleared up all the scaly, flaky patches, spots have gone and redness has diminished. I could not recommend this product highly enough to anyone stressing over troublesome skin. Give it a go........it really does work miracles.
on 18 November 2013
Like a number of others who have bought this soap, I suffer from psoriasis.
I have suffered with this debilitating condition for most of my adult life.
Occasionally I have a " flare up " which really makes me feel very unwell.
Like many sufferers I do have some knowledge of this condition and am aware there is no cure. I do know however that Pine Tar is supposed to be helful in treating the symptoms. Along with seeing my Doctor who precribed some gel for the worst areas, I decided to try this soap in the hope of some relief.
I have to say I am very impressed with the improvements I have witnessed in my condition.The improvement is visible and I feel much better overall.
Apart from the gel my Doctor prescribed I am using the soap daily when I shower.
I am getting through the bar quickly and will be ordering more. I don't mind the smell, it's a pleasant clean smell, takes me back to my youth!
on 6 December 2012
Just to put anyones mine at rest this soap is made in a closed kiln process which means its free of creosote. I checked before purchasing direct with the company. Its also worth noting that pretty much all companies pine tar soap is made in the same process these days, but this one is 100% confirmed. So enjoy!

Love the smell of this. My whole bathroom has this lovely scent now ^-^
on 26 April 2010
A bit expensive for soap but have used this every day for a month and its still lasting also my dry skin patches have cleared up A+
on 25 February 2012
What canI say,other than it works! had psoriasis for 12 years, been using Dovobet as prescribed by Doctor but that only calmed it down.

Bought this soap after a recommendation and it's all cleared up after one bar. So bought another 2 bars.

See one answered question