- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Rotovision (25 May 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 2880464455
- ISBN-13: 978-2880464455
- Product Dimensions: 27.6 x 23.2 x 1.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,247,194 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
2-D Animation Paperback – 25 May 2001
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
2-D animation is the longest-established and most wide-spread animation tradition encompassing the one-man band type operation as well as the huge studios producing feature films such as "Rugrats". As each of the 15 animators in this volume reveal, techniques vary as much as style - Polish animator Plotr Dumala creates film from scratching on plaster, Michel Ocelot uses cut-out animation and Alexandr Petrov paints on glass. The book also features animators who use traditional cel animation and those who exploit the possibilities offered by new technology. This highly-illustrated work devotes one chapter to each animator who will discuss in-depth three commercial projects and one personal project.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
These fabulous animators deserve greater exposure. Since I've read this book, I've sought out every opportunity to see the work of these artists. The introduction mentions that this book is the first in a series. If that's so, I eagerly await the upcoming volumes. My only request: please include a DVD of the short films!
If you purchase and enjoy the book as much as I did, check out "Animation Now!" - a more recent text which does include a DVD with brief clips of a few of these works.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Design Studies > Industrial Design
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Painting & Drawing
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Film Genres
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Animation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Direction & Production
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts