I received this telephone for Christmas and I have to say, it's fantastic!
1) The sound quality is second to none, in fact I had forgotten how tinny/weak some of the cordless phones are in comparison to having a corded phone in the house.
2) The rotary dial is very authentic and supports full DTMF dialling, so this is not a problem if you're dialling an automated phone system. Yes, numbers take longer to dial but by the time you've mis-keyed on a digital phone and re-dialled it's not much slower. For the retro effect, it's spot on.
3) The phone contains a real bell ringer which you can either turn on or off. It sounds much better than the digital phone ringer - leave it on!!
4) The earpiece has two volume settings (low/high).
5) The build quality feels very solid - I'm sure it'll last for years and years.
A couple of bonuses I hadn't initially considered - for anyone with only cordless phones, it's a good idea to have a corded phone in the house in case of power cuts. Secondly, (a minor point) we have replaced one of the cordless phones with this so it's saving electricity by not running a another cordless phone charger.
If you're after a quality retro phone, then look no further.