Size: Ladies Medium (6-8.5)|Colour: Black|Change

on 23 April 2010
On the first long run out with these they eliminated the sore bits.

My only gripe is that I could only get them in white, they are now somewhat brown as I tend to run footpaths and bridleways.

I also purchased Hilly Twin skin and find little to choose between them so far.
on 5 April 2011
I've tried other brands, and use a fair bit of extra support for running in my trainers due to injuries over the years, possibly because of this I have suffered with sock bunching up under my feet giving numbness. These don't! Recently ran 1/2 marathon with no issues at all. Only slight moan is a bit of post-wash shrinkage, but not too drastic.
on 20 March 2014
These socks do the job fantastically was fed up getting blisters when wearing orthotics in my trainers these double layer socks stop all blisters from happening so comfy. Well worth the money would advise any walker to purcgase these as soon as .
on 8 December 2011
I bought these socks to attempt a 47 mile charity hike and broke them in on very rough cliff-paths. Being someone who doesn't have a lot of luck with socks I didn't hold out a huge amount of hope for them lasting. Putting them on feels a bit odd because of the way the toes are sewn without a seam but once I had them snug inside my hiking boots it didn't bother me further. Was quietly surprised with how comfortable they were, didn't experience any rubbing around the toes; did get a small blister on my heel but I think that could be more to do with my shoes that the socks. Have worn them over and over again, sweated in them, got them wet and washed at quite high temperatures and they're still in perfect condition. Would highly recommend these to people, the price is not too bad for what you're getting either.
on 9 April 2014
Went for a 11km walk tonight and couldn't feel a thing very comfortable and easy to put in - some reviews stated they took ages to put on as they are double layered but I did not find this to be a problem, so far so good.
on 20 October 2014
far too tight at the top for anyone other than a skinny teenager but since they are opened I can't return them. If you have an ankle don't buy these, very disappointing as some of their socks are firm favourites of mine.
on 29 December 2015
A snug fit (I think that is the idea), these fit well on my size 3s. I used them to road-test some new walking shoes and they served the purpose as a barrier between my ankle and hard edges at the back of the new shoes. Even though the shoes are broken in, I will use these for dedicated walking weekends and expect them to last well.
on 6 April 2013
After weeks and weeks of achilles tendon pain in both ankles I was getting desperate. I was managing to run but it wasn't comfortable and some mornings I found it painful to walk and was noticeably hobbling. I found these socks while looking for achilles tendon strap supports and thought the price was reasonable enough that it was worth taking a chance to see if they helped at all.

When they arrived, I couldn't really see how they were going to help very much. I had to loosen my laces as the double-skin meant that my shoes fitted more tightly so if your shoes are a very close fit you may find these too thick but you have your running shoes the usual half-size bigger than regular shoes you'll probably be fine.

I wore these socks for the first time at my local 5km Parkrun this morning and have to say I was amazed by how much more comfortable my achilles tendons felt - I think I had a slight ache at around 4k but nothing more than that and I even managed a PB ! That made me wonder if they were magic socks !! (They almost certainly aren't magic, so please don't buy them expecting miracles.....)

I've ordered two more pairs of these socks - I'm blown away by how much better my ankles felt, both while wearing the socks and afterwards.
on 28 May 2013
unfortunately i am going to return these socks to 1000 mile to get my money back - wore them for the London to Brighton 100k and checking my feet at the 1st checkpoint at 12.5km, i had a blister on my heel
on 24 April 2013
I joined a walking group after I left work & was wearing a well worn pair of boots and bog standard walking socks. I thought at first that I just needed to toughen up my feet and get used to walking again as every time I ended up with sore blistered feet ;( I bought my first pair of these socks when buying a new pair of boots, The first time I went out with new unworn boots and these socks I was so pleased as no blisters or sore feet. I bought a second pair as spares for when the other pair were in the wash.
These socks are not long but I don't like the trousers tucked in socks look! Also they seem small but they are very stretchy and fit snugly so the design gives the promised support, however I do have narrow feet. They wash well too. I have been very pleased with them but as asocial walker it will take me a long time to walk 1000 miles!