on 19 April 2011
I bought this having already bought 100 Hits - The 80s (which is equally brilliant). There are some absolute belters on here. Takes me back - "Kids from Fame" !! how popular was THAT programme ? Blimey, getting ready to go out on a Friday night in Newcastle with Colonel Abrams "Trapped" on the record player.Slipping on the paisley shirt, the top shop strides,white socks and slip ons and then splashing on the Aramis, or even worse, the old Kouros ! It all came flooding back.
An absolute feast of nostalgia and so many songs you may have forgotten. You can't say they are all classics and there are some dodgy tunes for sure (Sabrina ??!!) but if you are a child of the 80s,it's a must !
on 28 February 2009
Loving this CD - classic 80's tracks, hidden gems, long forgotten diamonds, loads of hits (+ some misses) but overall fabulous!

If you remember the 80's, then is a MUST buy - just sit back and have a good ol' singalong - and if you don't remember the 80's then buy this anyway and find out what you missed!!
on 12 December 2012
This is very good I enjoy a lot of the songs but here are the best ones.
Disc: 1
15. Hipsway - The Honeythief
16. Siouxsie And The Banshees - Dear Prudence
17. The Damned - Eloise
18. Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians - What I Am
19. Haircut 100 - Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl)
20. Squeeze - Labelled With Love
7. Mobiles - Drowning In Berlin
8. Sharpe And Numan - Change Your Mind
9. The Passions - I'm In Love With A German Film Star
10. Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days
11. Modern Talking - Brother Louie This song is fantastic.
12. Trio - Da Da Da
1. Kiss - Crazy Crazy Nights
2. Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time
3. Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth
4. Adam & The Ants - Dog Eat Dog
5. Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child (Wild One)
6. Amazulu - Too Good To Be Forgotten The main reason I bought the CD was for this song because it is impossible to get.
7. Jason Donovan - Nothing Can Divide Us
8. The Kids From "Fame" - Hi-Fidelity Very good song.
9. Sabrina - All Of Me Very good now to get her song Boys Summertime Love.
10. Mandy Smith - Positive Reaction Excellent
17. Godley & Creme - Cry
18. All About Eve - Martha's Harbour
19. Chas 'N' Dave - Ain't No Pleasing You
20. Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say

Disc 5 is awful. It has no British groups and the choices are terrible. The other discs are great but this one is not. 4/5 CDs is still pretty good. The music is great and I'm sure lots of people will enjoy it.
on 31 October 2015
A FAB album from the 100 HITS series, this came out in 2009 and it includes classics such as... Nik Kershaw (Wouldnt It Be Good), Dexy's Midnight Runners (Come On Eileen), ABC (When Smokey Sings), Tiffany (I Think We're Alone Now), Marilyn (Calling Your Name), Boomtown Rats (Banana Republic), Texas (I Don't Want A Lover), Big Country (A Big Country), Falco (Rock Me Amadeus), The Mobiles (Drowning In Berlin), Radio Heart Feat. Gary Numan (Radio Heart), Visage (Fade To Grey), Soft Cell (Tainted Love), Lipps Inc. (Funky Town), MC Miker "G" and DJ Sven (Holiday Rap), Jason Donovan (Nothing Can Divide Us), Wet Wet Wet (Wishing I Was Lucky), Tears For Fears (Shout) amongst many more! Great for 80s lovers (like me!)
Back with a nostalgic mix of both mainstream hits and forgotten gems, the balance is just right with this offering from the 100 Hits series - from cheesy megahits like Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now" and Soft Cell's "Tainted Love", to cool tracks from Squeeze and Shalamar, there's something from every 80s sound on here to please everyone. It's a great compilation, and a brilliant companion to 100 Hits - 80's if you're building a collection and remembering (or getting to know for the first time) the 80s. Brilliant!
on 25 October 2012
As I drive quite a lot for my job, was looking for something to listen to. I am a fan of 80's music so this seemed ideal. I am sure most 80's fans would find something they enjoyed out of the 100 tracks played, if you dont like a song just move onto the next. I have enjoyed at least 3 out of the 5 discs. I wouldnt say it was my favourite 80's album but did find a few tracks on here that I havnt heard for a long time and have really enjoyed them.
on 14 February 2012
For about 5.99 this is an awful lot of 80s music. There are some classic songs here but there are also 30-40 songs I would call 'filler'.

The sound quality and volume varies from track to track. It's clear there hasn't been a consistent remastering across the various songs.

With these small drawbacks in mind, it's still a great value set overall, and a good reminder of a very creative, joyful time in music!
on 12 February 2013
Great compilation that works really well with the preceding 80's 5CD compilation from the same label. Biased towards the British groups, but outstanding music nonetheless. Also another Zoverstocks success story in terms of delivery to South Africa, although the box was broken upon arrival. That I put down to our handling though, so no complaints to the seller.
on 24 July 2013
i own lots of 80s cds but this one is my favourite. included on the album are lots of 80s songs I had forgotten about and it is great to be able to listen to the soundtrack of my childhood. so if you are a child of the 80s, buy this album!!!!!!!
on 10 April 2012
well happy some classic
80s tunes to jog your memory and take you back in time hits from abc kiss cameo black etc
100 Hits - More 80's