- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Luath Press Ltd (1 Nov. 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1906307660
- ISBN-13: 978-1906307660
- Product Dimensions: 1.3 x 12.7 x 19.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 104,169 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
100 Favourite Scottish Love Poems (100 Favourite Poems) Paperback – 1 Nov 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Featuring poems of first love, yearning for love, love in absence and eternal love, this vibrant selection spans the centuries from traditional verse to contemporary poetry in Gaelic, Scots and English. THE SCOTS MAGAZINE Conn's achievement is to have created a feelgood anthology in which doubt, loss, jealousy and impermanence are all given their due... Like the best dark chocolate, the contents of this slim volume linger ambiguously on the palate. THE SUNDAY TIMES
About the Author
Stewart Conn was born in Glasgow, grew up in Aryshire and for many years has lived in Edinburgh where, until 1992 he was based as the head of BBC Scotland's radio drama department. In 2002 he was appointed the capital's first makar, or poet laureate. His poetry has been widely anthologised and translated. He has received awards from, among others, the Scottish Arts Council, the Society of Authors and the Poetry Book Society. Besides regularly appearing at the Edinburgh International Book Festival he has participated in poetry festivals from Aberdeen to Zagreb. His latest poetry collections are 'Ghosts at Cockcrow', Bloodaxe Books (ISBN 1852246863) and 'The Loving-Cup', Mariscat Press (ISBN 0946588430).