- You can't search for/move to individual tracks - it's all one scene!
(So, if your child has a favourite rhyme, simple memorise the minutes and seconds, and go to it manually :(
- The graphics are mostly very simple low quality animation, with occasional cut scenes of film. The animation backgrounds are even almost all white and featureless - no expense has been unspared here!
- There are no subtitles - so singing along correctly is difficult when the words are not what you remember, and as the child gets older, if he still watches the DVD, it will have no educational value whatsoever
- Most of the songs are sung with a heavy Irish/Scottish accent.
I have no problems with the ethnicity or regionality of the singers - it's just that you can't understand what they're saying half the time
- The sound is muddy and confused (so at least you won't be able to tell when you're not singing the right words, I suppose!)
This is clearly an easily exploited genre - many parents want their children to learn nursery rhymes, and they can be great fun. And this DVD exploits it.
There are good reviews for other DVDs - and the other reviewer for this DVD obviously has different criteria to me. However, in summary, if you want something more than poor quality low action animation, muddy sound, and no ability to even select your favourite tracks, buy anything else.
If it weren't so cheap, I'd ask for my money back...
This product's forum
Active discussions in related forums
Search Customer Discussions